I have started to keep track of the wines that I try and keep simple tasting notes online. I figure that although this is more for my own information that this is as good a place as any to record them.
Date drunk – Name, Vintage, Region, Country, Blend, Price, Vendor, Drunk In or Out, Notes, Blog reference
- 03-Feb-13 Argento Malbec, 2011, Mendoza, Argentina, Malbec, £7.99, Majestic, In, Inoffensive, smooth chocolate and blackberry, recommended if you can find it cheaper.
- 25-Jan-13 Waitrose Palo Cortado, NV, Jerez, Spain, Palomino, £8.99, Waitrose, In, very pleasing medium-dry sherry partnered haggis superbly as a suitable whisky alternative, post
- 23-Jan-13 – False Bay Waterskloof Estate, 2011, Western Cape, South Africa, Chenin Blanc, £6.99, Palmers Wine Store, In, good value tropical and tangy dry white, post
- 18-Jan-13 La Hoja Crianza, 2009, Rioja, Spain, Tempranillo, £11.95, Caviste (Hungerford), In, Nutty nose – almonds and coconut, very dry and perhaps a little too acidic for me, pity there was no opportunity for a like for like comparison to the bog standard Rioja from the same producer, N/A
- 13-Jan-13 La Hoja, 2011, Rioja, Spain, Tempranillo, £7.99, Caviste (Hungerford), In, Green pepper and smokey nose, a soft redcurrant wine, short, drinkable but unremarkable, N/A
- 09-Jan-13 The Wine Team Tasting in Twyford – Rioja. Best Value Traditional style Rioja: Vina Cubillo Crianza 2005 Wine Society £14
- 08-Jan-13 – Casa Leona, 2011, Rapel, Chile, Chardonnay, £7ish, M&S, In, pleasantly surprising, subtle oak with nectarine, (as promised, no post yet, but white all the same) – and here it is: post
- 05-Jan-13 – Riva Leone Barbera, unk, Piedmont, Italy, Barbera, £5.20 175ml, The Bull Hotel, Out, easy drinking, herbal but fruity red, post
- 03-Jan-13 – La Vielle Ferme, 2011, AOC Ventoux (Southern Rhone), France, Grenache/ Syrah/Cinsault/Carignan, £6.39, Majestic, In, soft and well rounded red fruit party wine, post
- 31-Dec-12 – Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Magnum, 1995, Champagne, France, Pinot Noir/ Chardonnay, received as a gift, the 2004 vintage Magnum (150ml) can be bought from Majestic currently on offer for £40, In, Nutty,vanilla and suitably sparkly for NYE 2012 but wonder whether this 1995 vintage had gone past its best, n/a
- 29-Dec-12- Pacherenc du Vic-Bilh Maestria Plaimont Producteurs, 2009, Gascony, France, Gros Menseng/ Petit Menseng/ Petit Courbu/ Arrufiac, £10, Bordeaux and Beyond, In, Silky sweet tropical melon, refreshing to the palate, post
- 29-Dec-12- Legaris Reserva, 2005, Ribera Del Duero, Spain, Tinta Fino, NA/ £19.99, bought direct from wholesaler Jun 11(Cordorniu)/ The Wine Reserve, In, Full bodied, smokey, perfect with venison, n/a
- 29-Dec-12 – Domi-Moreau et Fils, NV,Champagne, France, Chardonnay/ Pinot Noir/ Pinot Meunier, £20, Bordeaux and Beyond, In, Great value fizz but not biscuity enough for me, n/a